The DayXtender™ allows home, remote and part-time users to access the corporate network without compromising security. Client deployment and complications are solved with the unique AccessStick VirtuaWrapper™ technology which does not require local component installations.
DayXtender™ also reduces costs of supporting deployment and purchase of corporate devices to allow corporate network access
The DayXtender™ works with all versions of Windows from Windows 2000 and above and requires a free USB port.
The AccessStick DayXtender™ fixes four main problems that are commonly encountered when deploying remote access solutions:
1. Client deployment. The DayXtender™ removes the need to install components on the local machine. This reduces support costs and allows easy secure connection to the remote network without changing the local machine.
2. Cache clean-up. VirtuaWrapper™ redirection ensures that any process trying to write to the local file system or registry is redirected to the AccessStick™ secure drive. This means that no footprint or data is left on the machine to clean up and the data is securely held on the AccessStick™
3. Strong authentication. The AccessStick™ will only launch once the user has successfully authenticated biometrically to the AccessStick™. Each AccessStick™ has a unique ID that can be identified by the Citrix Access Gateway enabling the administrator to disable compromised sticks. This means that security is enhanced and user confidence is increased.
4. Data mobility. The AccessStick™ has around 900mb of secure storage that can be used for additional data. This means that the user can have a flexible and large store of work data without compromising the corporate security.
Main Areas of Functionality:
Authentication: The biometric sensor and specific firmware protect the stick from unauthorized access
Storage: The USB mass storage device contains both CD-ROM and regular storage on the device
VirtuaWrapper™: In development since 2005, and launched in October 2007, VirtuaWrapper™ is Accario-written virtualization software that makes connectivity to a corporate SSL VPN easier for the user and secure for the organisation, as it:
- Works on both locked down foreign corporate devices or a user’s personal PC with no software to install
- Includes all necessary client-server components so they do not need to be downloaded and installed on the local device
- Leaves no footprint on the end point, as file and registry writes are written to the cache on the AccessStick™ and not left behind on the device